My name is Salman and I am the founder and Chief Dance Trainer of Addicted2Dance.
Being a passionate dancer, I started to teach Jive at the behest of some
of my friends in 2004 on Valentines day. Over a period of time, I went
to to Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, Holland, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland,
Estonia, Denmark, and UK to learn from the leading couples and champions
of these dances.
The kind of dances I teach are mostly social dances such as Salsa L.A,
Cuban Salsa/ Rueda, New York Salsa on 2, Salsa Clave on 2, Cha cha,
Bachata, Merengue, East Coast Swing, LindyHop, Charleston, I. Jive and
Addicted 2 Dance, we aim at taking Dance to a level where it is not just seen
as a fad or just “another” activity but an Essential Social Skill that
can unite people and help them adjust to diverse cultures around the world.
from exposing people to the fun filled aspect of social dancing, we essentially
focus on the right techniques learnt from the World Champions of different
dance forms. We ensure that our students are technically strong to dance in any
part of the World.
are dedicated to spread the love of Dance and Educate people on Social dancing.
People learn the right social etiquette and the righteous way of conducting oneself
in a social environment. Apart from physical benefits listed below, people
automatically reduce and sometimes give up smoking, others reduce alcohol
have come and thanked us for having lost more than 20 Kilos or that that they
have become more confident individuals, or even that they were able to make
many different friends in many countries because of their skills (technically
and socially) which they have learnt in our classes.
embrace taking up charitable events that gives us an opportunity to spread the
love of dance. We have done Donating and Dancing workshops with great success.
dancing needs to be experienced to understand wholly the difference it can make
in a persons life.
Do join us. Let us forge a new friendship with a toast to a great way of life.
THE BENEFITS OF SOCIAL DANCING
Physical and mental benefits
Personal and social benefits
- Dancing can really help to enhance your posture, balance and concentration; which can prevent falls.
- Dancing helps the body’s circulatory system as it makes your
heart pump blood faster and flow to the brain which encourages direct
focus and concentration; improving cardiovascular health.
- Dancing fortify your lungs, because you accomplish a
cardiovascular activity and it will increase your lungs workload,
increasing their capacity.
- Strengthen your bones density. Dancing helps to strengthen the
skeleton and reduces the risk of Osteoporosis. This will improve your
- Regular dancing will improve and build muscle tone throughout the body, especially in the legs and buttocks.
- Dancing will softly lengthen and fortify your muscles to improve flexibility and increase strength and stamina.
- Your grace and agility will improve if your posture, mobility and flexibility improve.
- Dancing aid in weight loss and it is a great way for people of
all ages to get and stay in shape. Dancing encourages weight control
and overall fitness through calorie burn off.
- Dancing helps you to relax, reducing stress and tension.
- Dancing improve your brain activity.
- Dancing is a good way you meet with other people, make new friends and improve your social life.
- Dancing improve confidence and liberates endorphins and encourage feelings of well-being.
- Dance can play a role in altering attitudes to a range of health
related subjects including discipline, drug and alcohol